Construction Project Manager
We are a Civil Construction company with projects throughout West Virginia and the surrounding states. These projects include highway construction and asphalt paving, utility construction, and earth moving operations. The Construction Project Manager is responsible for the lifecycle of a project from post bid through final invoicing. This position is responsible for ensuring the project is completed safely, on time, and within budget.
- Establish and maintain project budget and schedule for projects ranging up to $30,000,000.
- Evaluate supervision and provide input on crew and supervisors best suited for projects.
- Select, manage, and coordinate subcontract and supplier relationships, agreements, and requirements.
- Obtain necessary permits, approvals, and other regulatory prerequisites.
- Obtain borrow/waste locations, leases, and temporary office needs.
- Generate Applications for payment, Change Orders, Requests for Information (RFI), and Submittals/shop drawings.
- Willingness to learn and listen to team members, owners, and clients.
- Ensure complete and timely submittal and payment of invoices and addressing retainage.
- Job Costing- understanding budgeting, budgets and gain or fade in job cost estimates.
- Coach and support project team members with assigned tasks
- Update relevant stakeholders or team members on project progress.
- Set goals for personnel and projects and stay to them to make sure they are achieved.
- Working through contractual language, project plans, specifications, insurance, and regulations requirements.
- Ensure work is done in compliance with all relevant building and safety codes.
- Abide by company Core Values
- Participate in Bid review with Estimators.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to stand up for what is right and holding ground when you know you/company is right.
- Strong understanding of contractual language, project plans, specifications, and regulations
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects and/or P6 scheduling software.
- Ability to remain flexible and efficient in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving and Leadership skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of Heavy/Highway, Utility, or Well Pad Construction experience
- Familiar with West Virginia Department of Highway specifications.
- Familiar with compaction and material testing of soils and materials. (Concrete, pavement & stone)
- Experience utilizing HCSS Suite